Assam government is inviting Amar Alohi Scheme 2021 application form for home stay. Candidates can apply for seeking benefits under Amar Alohi scheme (Home stay). Aamaar Aalohi (Livelihood Scheme) is framed by the Tourism Department, Govt. of Assam. Aamaar Aalohi Rural Homestay Scheme aims to give a new dimension and thrust to the rural home stay facilities in the state of Assam. This scheme aims to create self-employment opportunities for educated youths in rural and semi-urban areas of tourism potential and importance.
Assam Aamaar Aalohi (Livelihood Scheme) 2021 Details
Assam Aamaar Aalohi Scheme aims to tap tourism prospects in rural and semi urban areas in the state. Amar Alohi Scheme is also expected to create thousands of job/earning opportunities. The scheme will provide comfortable home stay facilities & services along with accommodation to the tourists in rural and semi-urban tourist destinations.
2 Types of Applications in Aamaar Aalohi Rural Home Stay Scheme
Assam Tourism Development Corporation invites two types of application:
- New Homestays (subsidised projects)
- Existing Homestays
Selection process of units / beneficiaries & criteria: Suitability criteria for selection of the houses and their premises, their locations would be one of the most important criteria. The houses should not only be from a rural/non-urban area, these should be close to important tourists spots and may also be in such locations where some important tourism events like fairs and festivals etc. are held which draw large number of visitors from different places.
Amar Alohi Scheme Application Form PDF Download
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official website at https://tourismcorporation.assam.gov.in/
STEP 2: At the homepage, click at the “Aamaar Aalohi (Livelihood Scheme)” tab as shown in the image below:-
STEP 3: Direct Link – https://tourismcorporation.assam.gov.in/portlets/aamaar-aalohi-livelihood-scheme
Assam Government Schemes 2021Popular Schemes in Assam:Apun Ghar Home Loan SchemeAssam Mukhyamantri Krishi Sa Sajuli YojanaAssam Sarothi Start Up Fund Loan Scheme
STEP 4: Then in the new window read the Aamaar Aalohi (Livelihood Scheme) details, go to the “Downloads” section and click at PDF link in front of Amar Alohi Form section as shown below:-
STEP 5: Then the Amar Alohi Scheme Application Form will appear as shown below:-
STEP 6: Download the Aamaar Aalohi Scheme application forms for new / existing homestays, take a printout and then fillup and submit the Amar Alohi Scheme application form.
Selection Process under Amar Alohi Scheme (Home Stay)
In this article, we will describe the selection process for registration of existing Home Stay units and selection process of beneficiaries for providing Subsidy / Margin money Assistance to set-up new Home Stay unit.
Selection Process for Registration of Existing Home Stay Units
The selection process for registration of existing Home Stay units will be depends on the following :-
Step 1: They have applied by submitting the prescribed Application Form (vide Annexure – III) alongwith the necessary documents / testimonials within the stipulated time mentioned in the Advertisement.
Step 2: On the basis of their application, the Standard and Quality Assurance Committee will inspect their property and recommended the suitable applicants on the basis of their property by submitting an Inspection Report before the Selection Committee.
Step 3: The Selection Committee will examine their Application Form and the Inspection Report and on the basis of that they will be shortlisted the applicants for the training programme to be organized by ATDC Ltd.
Step 4: On the basis of the performance in the Training Programme on hospitality & housekeeping services and management skills to run Home Stay Units, Selection Committee will finally selected the suitable Homestays for registration under the scheme.
Beneficiary Selection Process for Subsidy / Margin money Assistance to Setup New Home Stay Unit
The selection process of beneficiaries for providing Subsidy / Margin money Assistance to set-up new Home Stay unit will be as follows :-
Step 1: Assam tourism development Corporation Ltd will issue open advertisement inviting offers from interested individual families and shall apply in prescribed Application Forms. These applications alongwith their submitted (as per the Application Form) documents / testimonials would be examined for shortlisted, if necessary, shall call them for discussion before shortlisted. The applicants should have the following:-
- The applicant should have minimum educational qualification of minimum 12th standard pass.
- The age of the applicant will not less than 26 years and not more than 55 years as on 01.01.2017.
Step 2: The Standard & Quality Assurance Committee will inspect the premises, locations of the shortlisted applicants proposals and further shortlisted their applications for the training programme to be organized by ATDC Ltd. on hospitality, housekeeping services and management skills to run Home Stays.
Step 3: After the training programme, the Selection Committee will select the suitable beneficiaries on the basis of the report of the Standard & Quality Assurance Committee and their performance in the training programme for providing subsidy / margin money assistance to set up new Rural Home Stay Unit.
Apart from above, the applicant will also have taken necessary clearance of district / sub-divisional authorities on credential and other relevant issues including status of land etc. for Registration of existing Home Stay Unit or setting-up of the proposed Home Stay Unit. A Police Verification Certificate has also to be obtained for selection.
Incentives / Assistance to be given under Amar Alohi Scheme
Incentives for Existing Homestay units
The existing Homestay units will get the following incentives under the Aamaar Aalohi scheme:-
- Recognition through online-registration as an authorized tourist establishment register under Assam Tourism;
- Professional advice for improvements of homestays & guest services by experts in the respective fields;
- Free training on homestay and hospitality services, basic accounts, attitude building, marketing etc.;
- Free publicity and marketing opportunities through official websites of Assam Tourism;
- Listing the accommodation guide and homestay directory published by Assam Tourism;
- Free of charge listing in the periodically printed brochures and advertisement;
- Free marketing opportunities via national and international information counters, travel fairs, tourist directories, guidebooks and social media networks;
- Allow eligible homestay unit to display the Assam Tourism homestay logo as a registered establishment;
- Familiarization trips (FAM trips) for homestay operators to famous homestay organization / tourism entities promoting rural, cultural and nature tourism.
- Encourage local communities to adopt organic farming techniques.
Incentives for Newly Setup Homestay Units
For newly set-up Homestay units will be entitled for the following incentives / financial assistance under the scheme along with the aforesaid incentives under existing homestay units above:-
(a) Limit of subsidy for the type of construction:-
- Assam type cottage (type 1): Assistance of 80% of the project cost as per Annexure IV;
- Stilted Assam type cottage (type 2): Assistance of 80% of the project cost as per Annexure V;
(b) The remaining fund (20% of project cost) would have to be arranged from bank or such other sources by the beneficiaries.
(c) The Govt. of Assam or ATDC Ltd. shall not provide any guarantee for the loan components nor shall be liable for any financial liability of the beneficiaries in any manner under this scheme at any point of time to any party for any reason whatsoever.
Release of Financial Assistance and Time Limit for Completion
The State Govt. assistance 80% would be released in the following phases:-
- 20% of the assistance immediately after selection, approval and registration of the units and on production of documentary proof of arrangement of the remaining fund for the project apart from the subsidy / margin money assistance.
- The second instalment of 50% would be released after spot verification by authorized officials and on being satisfied that construction up a reasonable extent have been completed with the first installment from his/her own contribution of 20% of the project.
- Final instalment of 30% would be released after completion of the civil works and the unit is ready for commissioning.
- The time limit for completion of the units would be 6 months from the date of release of the 1st instalment.
Only selected new homestays can avail subsidy from Tourism Department, Govt. of Assam to build the home of an amount of approx. Rs. 6 lakh (Assam type) and approx. Rs. 8 lakh (stilted Assam type). Assam Tourism Development Corporation invites applications time to time. The all types of applied homestays are selected after scrutinised and personally inspected under a Selection Committee of Tourism Department.
Check details of Amar Alohi Scheme at https://tourismcorporation.assam.gov.in/how-to/amar-alohi-scheme-home-stay